BREAKING: DOJ Locates 50,000 Missing Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Officials


On Thursday morning, Fox News reported that the Department of Justice recovered tens of thousands of missing text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, who both were evidently against the election of Donald Trump to the presidency.

According to DailyWire, “Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote a letter confirming that the texts had been found to Senate Homeland Security Committee Chairman Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA); both men had expressed interest in finding them. Horowitz wrote that the DOJ “succeeded in using forensic tools to recover text messages from FBI devices, including text messages between Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page that were sent or received between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017.””

Horowitz added, “Our effort to recover any additional text messages is ongoing. We will provide copies of the text messages that we recover from these devices to the Department so that the Department’s leadership can take any management action it deems appropriate.”

The DOJ had previously announced that there were missing records between December 14, 2016, and May 17, 2017. Over 50,000 texts were exchanged between Strzok and Page, as Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced on Monday. He asserted, “We will leave no stone unturned to confirm with certainty why these text messages are not now available to be produced and will use every technology available to determine whether the missing messages are recoverable from another source, If we are successful, we will update the congressional committees immediately.”

On Wednesday, federal law enforcement officials told Fox News that the supposed glitch preventing the missing messages from being loaded into the FBI’s archive system had also affected thousands of FBI cellphones. However, this sounds awfully convenient if you ask me.

In this Jan. 18, 2018, photo, FBI Chief of Staff Jim Rybicki, left, returns after a break to his interview by a joint investigation of the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees on Capitol Hill in Washington. FBI Director Christopher Wray says his chief of staff is leaving for a private sector job. Rybicki notified him last month of his decision. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)

According to Grassley, a group of texts recovered show then-FBI chief of staff James Rybicki thought FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe should recuse himself from the Clinton investigation because of “perception.”

“Rybicki just called to check in. He very clearly 100% believes that Andy should be recused because of the ‘perception,’” Page said.

Read all of the text messages here.

Credit: Fox News, DailyWire